Rail Drishti portal can be accessed through desktop, laptop, mobile phones or tablets. The dashboard will help make available every kind of information anytime, anywhere to anybody.
The portal has all digitisation efforts of the Railways and it promotes transparency as well as accountability. Users will be able to access railway information from various sources on a single platform.
The portal is simple, user-friendly and easy to navigate.
15 user-friendly sections on the website
1. At a Glance: Under this section, users will be able to access Passenger Reservation, Unreserved Ticketing, Freight Earnings and Freight Loading information. Also, information on any station on Indian Railways can be viewed in this tab as well.
Rail Drishti Services
Passengers can now view and avail the status of any digital service offered by the Railways namely, PNR enquiry, ODC application enquiry, Complaint Enquiry, Tender Enquiry, Shramik Enquiry and Freight related enquiries, on this portal.
For citizen’s convenience, links to eight important railway websites are also available here
3. Trains on Run: Passengers can now track any train on the Indian Railways Network. The will also be able to get information about the train as well as the contact number of the housekeeping staff. Filters are available to view specific trains.
4. IRCTC Kitchens: You can now ensure whether the food made in IRCTC kitchens is hygienic. The dashboard provides a facility to view live feeds from the cameras installed in various IRCTC base kitchens. Passengers can view how the food being served to them in trains is being cooked and packed in real-time.
5. Grievances: This section will display the status of grievances reported through the Complaint Management System (COMS). It will also display the number of grievances resolved and pending. Zone wise and Division wise breakup, as well as complaint type wise breakup, can be viewed on the portal.
6. Achievements: People can now track all the achievements of the railways. The portal will display achievements of Indian Railways as a whole and achievements of Railways in various states.
7. Station Images: This tab monitors the progress of some of the major initiatives launched by the railways to improve the passenger experience. It displays the images of various areas across the network before and after the work has been completed.
8. Heritage: Under this tab, users can view cultural aspect of travel on Indian Railways. There are 4 main sections in this tab -rail heritage, memorable journeys, 360 degree virtual tours of routes, trains, saloons, and the IRCTC tourism desk which provides important information and tourist services.
9. Shramik Kalyan: This section provides information about the unorganized sector working with Railway contractors. The amount of wages distributed to the casual workers is available on the dashboard. The same can be seen as department wise and zone wise for various time periods. This is an attempt to ensure that the laborers in the unorganized sector are paid their dues.
10. Bills: Users can view the bills biBills required to be paid by Indian Railways to suppliers. Duratation wise pendency of bills can be viewed on the dashboard as well.
11. Freight Earnings: This section displays earnings of Freight across the Indian Railways Network. Earnings can be viewed for a day, for a week, for a month and for a year along with the zones and commodity wise breakup. Performance of nine major freight commodities has been made available.
12. Freight loading/Unloading: Number of rakes and quantity of freight loaded and unloaded in a day, in a week, in a month and in a year along with their zones and commodity wise breakup is provided. Performance of nine major freight commodities has been made available.
13. Passenger Earnings: This section shows earnings of Passenger Reservations and Unreserved Ticketing. Number of passengers, tickets, and earnings can be viewed. Further, in Unreserved Ticketing the performance of suburban, non-suburban, and mobile bookings can be viewed.
14: Expenditure: Details of the expenditure and works by the Indian Railways can be viewed. Figures of four different periods are displayed – performance during the day, during the last 7 days, during the month and for the year.
15 Sugam – The Freight App: This tab give access to Indian Railways freight business information. It helps customers keep track of their consignment. It provides information on various terminals and associated nodal officers, indents status, prevailing freight rates, rake allocation plans, restrictions applicable etc. Freight performance and other statististics are also available on the tab
ICAI Examination Pattern from may 2019.
the question paper pattern of the theoretical papers at Intermediate and Final levels would be 30% objective and 70% descriptive under both Old and New Schemes.