RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN JUNIOR MANAGEMENT GRADE SCALE-I ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF SPECIALLY DESIGNED POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BANKING & FINANCE (PGDBF) COURSE
Canara Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Bangalore and global presence with over 6300 branches, invites ON-LINE APPLICATIONS, from the eligible candidates to apply for admissions to the specially designed One year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bangalore or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida, which are recognized by UGC.
- The course comprises of 9 months of classroom studies and 3 months internship at Canara Bank’s Branches / Offices.
- This one year full-time PGDBF(Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Course) course will be conducted either at Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd, Bangalore campus or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. Greater Noida campus.
- The program is fully residential during 9 months classroom studies and the selected candidates should necessarily stay in the campus.
Eligible candidates can apply ON-LINE through link given in our Bank’s website www.canarabank.com. No other means / mode of Application will be accepted. Please read this advertisement carefully and ensure your eligibility before paying fees / submitting on-line application.
|Schedule of Events||Date|
|Payment of Application Fee / Intimation Charges||From 23.10.2018 to 13.11.2018 [both days inclusive]|
|Website Download of call letter for online test (tentative)||After 05.12.2018|
|Date of online test (tentative)||23.12.2018
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (AS ON 01.10.2018):
A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
AGE (AS ON 01.10.2018):
Minimum 20 years – Maximum 30 years i.e. a candidateØ must have been born not earlier than 02.10.1988 and not later than 01.10.1998 (both days inclusive)
RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT:
|Sl. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer) candidates||3 years|
|3||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
APPLICATION FEE & INTIMATION CHARGES (NON REFUNDABLE):
|Category||Amount of Fees / Intimation Charges|
|SC/ST/PWBD||₹ 118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]|
|All Others||₹ 708/- [includes GST @18%]|
The selection shall be by way of Online Objective Test followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Online objective test will be conducted through Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), Mumbai. The online objective test pattern is mentioned here below:
|Subject||Medium of examination||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English &Hindi||50||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English &Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English &Hindi||50||50|
|Total (Total Weighted Score)||200||200|
DETAILS OF STUDENT INTAKE & RESERVATIONS:
The selected students will be inducted into Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme conducted either by Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida through this current selection exercise for FY 2019-20. The total number of Students intake and reservations are given hereunder and are provisional which may vary depending upon requirement of the Bank.
Number of Student Intake
|Age as on (01.10.2018)|
|120||60||216||404||800||8||8||8||8||Minimum – 20 Years Maximum – 30 years|
How to apply:
- Log on to the official website IBPS: ibpsonline.ibps.in
- Click on “Recruitment to the post of Canara Bank PO 2018”
- Read the advertisement details very carefully to ensure your eligibility before “Online Application”.
- Click on “Online Application” to fill up the application form online.
- The candidate would be directed to a page where he/she has to click on “Apply Online” (for the first time registration or new registration)/ already registered candidate just need to “Sign In” be using their application number and password sent to their valid e-mail ID/ Mobile NO. (This is required always for logging in to their account for form Submission and Admit Card/ Call Letter Download).
- Fill up the application form as per the guidelines.
- Candidates need to fill up to all required information in “ First Screen” tab and click in “SUBMIT” to move next screen.
- Fill all the details in the application & upload Photo, Signature.
- Application fee should be paid through Online & then Submit the Form.
- Take a print out of online application for future use.
DETAILS OF INSTITUTES & COURSE FEE:
|SL. NO.||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||COURSE FEE PER CANDIDATE|
|1||Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru campus||Course Fee – ₹ 350000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : ₹ 63000.00)
Total Course Fee: ₹ 413000.00
|2||NITTE Education International Pvt. Ltd., Greater Noida campus||Course Fee -₹ 300000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : ₹ 54000.00)
Total Course Fee: ₹ 354000.00
Candidates will be selected for admission to the course at either of the above two institutes through selection process consisting of online objective test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- Candidate can pay the entire course fee in one lump sum or
- In 2 installments (50% of course fee before commencement of the course and the balance 50% fees after two months but before the end of third month of commencement of course).
For Full Notification Click here.
Free Practice Sessions Available.